With boudoir becoming more & more popular in recent years you may find yourself doing a little research and you may feel overwhelmed with the options you find here in Portland Oregon. While some major cities seem to have an over abundance of boudoir photographers, some others have only a few and you may find yourself traveling to the boudoir photographer you feel yourself click with best.
I think comfort and instinct are major keys when choosing your boudoir photographer. I cannot tell you how many emails I get where my client says “I looked everywhere and found you and I’m sold!” It makes me feel good that they connect with me and trust me enough to share in such an intimate experience with them.
So, why Monique Marie Photography? Here are just a few of the reasons we think we’re one of the best around.
- As a photographer, I care about you as a client. You are not just a dollar sign to me. You are worth so much more than the money you pay for your session. I value your time and your emotions that go into such a shoot, and I honestly feel honored to work with you one on one to make this shoot exactly what you want it to be!
- I make it my personal mission from beginning to end to make sure you are comfortable and that you feel and look your absolute best. I keep it classy! Boudoir can easily go one way or another, and it is my goal to make you look and feel like a million bucks all while looking and feeling like a lady! Who says you can’t be sexy and classy at the same time?
- Monique Marie Photography’s Makeup Team. I currently have two very talented ladies on my team whom are trained and licensed. They are amazing ladies and I chose them personally because I felt like they FIT into what Monique Marie Photography is all about. They are personable, will make you laugh and are amazing at what they do. No matter what look you want, you’ll get it. Be it super glam and sexy, pinup and fun, or natural and simple – you ask and you shall receive.
- Speaking of makeup, professional makeup is included in every single boudoir package we offer. It’s a part of the Monique Marie Photography brand. Why should you show up to look amazing and have to worry about the one thing that would stress you out the most – your makeup? Why not have the whole experience and get glammed up, be pampered, have a professional do your makeup that will not only do an amazing job but choose colors and pallets that compliment you and your skin tones? This is one less thing you have to worry about and one less thing you have to pay for!
- Post processing. We all have small blemishes we don’t like that probably no one else notices anyway! A few stretch marks, a beauty mark, a few dimples, a few wrinkles, whatever it may be. You will not see a dimple or wrinkle on your finished product. All images are culled through one by one and only the best, most flattering images are returned to you completely retouched and flawless. You will still look like yourself, only at your absolute best. This is done by me, the photographer, the person who saw you at your actual shoot. So not only are they edited by a professional who has years of training and learning under her garter belt, but they are also kept private from beginning to end. This is also at no extra charge and included in every single package.
- All female staff. Anyone that will see your photo shoot from the first emails to the final product are all females. This is an intimate experience and one we like to keep to us ladies. So, no worries of the gentlemen catching a glimpse and the potential of your husband or significant other feeling uncomfortable with the situation.
- Privacy. I stress this from beginning to end, but your photos remain completely private unless you give me permission to post or use them in any way. As a photographer, I naturally own the copyright to your images, but it is my promise to keep your shoot private. I am running a business and I am a professional and to keep my status at that level, I must also treat you with respect. Your privacy is next to classiness to me. It’s the most important thing.
- Location. We own our very own studio located in a safe and beautiful location. With a changing room, on site restroom, multiple beverage options and music – it’s the perfect place to relax, have fun, and create the images you have in mind.
- You can bring a friend along. Just make sure it’s a girl!I know this can be a little nervous, but you are always welcome to bring a girlfriend along with you. It’s a lot of fun and who knows, if she comes to me for a shoot, you get a little extra in return for the referral!
- Monique Marie Photography is equal opportunity. We love and accept women of all race, size and sexual preference. We also believe you are beautiful and can be sexy no matter your skin color or jean size!
- Posing. I have spent many hours studying and comprehending posing. I know it may sound like common sense, but there is an art to it. Women come in all different shapes and sizes and it’s important to choose poses that accentuate their body types. I’m sure you’ve all seen “What Not to Wear” before. Well, there will be no “How Not to Pose” with Monique Marie Photography. I have plenty of different looks for plenty of different shapes and I promise to make you look your absolute best at all times.
- Communication. I think communication is very important and with today’s technology, made super easy. I give all of my clients my personal cell number and email. If at any time they need to reach me, they can. Want to meet up before you schedule your shoot? No problem at all – let’s get together! I am there for YOU, no matter what. I actually just had a new client that I am working with later this month email me a few outfits from the dressing room to see what I thought. I loved that! I gave her my input and I cannot wait to see how the outfits come together at her actual shoot.
- Ideas. I will listen to your ideas and try them out if you have any. See a certain pose on an old movie poster you loved? Remember a pose I posted here on my website that you wanted to try? Don’t be afraid to bring your own ideas and let’s try them out! I love to brainstorm and in the end, I want you to be happy with your results.
So, there you have it. Just a few of the reasons we think you should work with Monique Marie Photography. In the end, the choice is up to you but I just ask that you do your research, go with someone you know will make you happy and that you’re comfortable with. In the end, it’s your happiness that matters and after your boudoir shoot, you’ll see it was worth so much more than what you paid your photographer. That your photographers attitude and effort from beginning to end really matters and plays a role into your entire shoot.
I hope to meet you soon!
Monique & Team!